Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Conner Loves Emily

When I found out I was pregnant with Emily, I had a crazy sea of emotions. And one of my biggest fears was how Conner would handle it. Up until that time, all of my time was devoted to him. He was the center of my universe and I didn't know how either one of us one handle sharing me.

When Conner came to the hospital to meet his baby sister, I was very apprehensive of his reaction... They are only 21 months apart and you never know at that age how they will react period, let alone meeting someone who is going to take time away from momma. But it couldn't have been more perfect. He was truly excited to meet her. Had the biggest grin and wanted to hold her right away.

We definitely had our issues with sharing momma in the beginning. I spent a lot of time breast feeding Emily and he didn't understand why I had to hold her all the time. It was sad and broke my heart. I tried to make him feel special and when she was sleeping, we cuddled and spent one on one time with each other. He eventually got better about it, not sure if it was getting used to it or him getting older and being able to reason.

With all that said, Conner adores Emily. Truly, he is in love with her. He wants to play with her, kiss her, hug her, hold her, rough house with her and make her feel better when she is hurt. He likes to keep her in line and tell me when she is getting into something she shouldn't or tell her no when she throws her food on the floor and laughs.

He is an AMAZING big brother to her. And I am so glad for it, and pray that their love continues to grow. I want them to be best friends and for him to protect her when we aren't around. I want him to watch out for her and make sure no stupid teenage boy messes with her (even though she will never date 😬)

Funny and sweet stories between Conner and Emily:

He will randomly tell me that he loves Emily. Even when she isn't around, he will ask where she is and then say he loves her.

Conner wouldn't say her name for the longest time, he would only refer to her as baby. But over the past 4 months he says it, but it comes out as "omilee" or "oddily"

Every morning, Conner asks where Emily is. She usually sleeps a little past him, and I tell him that she is asleep. When she wakes up I bring her to bed and we all cuddle for a little bit, he says "good morning Emily" and plants a big kiss on her head.

Conner constantly asks for Emily to come and play in his room. But momma can't come. Just him and Emily.

He likes to rub her head and say that she's cute. (About six months ago, it came out as "cuke")

Conner loves to hug Emily. Sometimes he is too rough, but today they rolled around on the floor hugging onto each other and laughing hysterically. (This makes my heart so happy)

Today she dropped her pears on the floor and laughed and said uh-oh... Conner comes running up to her and said, "No, Emily. We don't throw our food... It's not funny, Emily!"


































No comments:

Post a Comment