Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Emily's First Birthday Party

It's been a while since I have posted, but it's because life has been extremely busy! My sweet little baby girl turned one two weeks ago... Still can't believe it!

Her party was a vintage garden party. I wanted it to be a sweet backyard party that was filled with vintage furniture of my own and sentimental furniture from Matt's grandmother. It was a lot of manual labor, not a lot of money, and lots of love.

I have been asked why I go all out on my children's parties, why so "over the top". And the answer is because I want to! I know that I only have a few short years to do their parties the way I want to. Soon, like this year for Conner, they will decide the type of party they want. They will want a bowling party, pool party or a sleep over, and I won't get to spend late nights sewing banners or have all day baking marathons. And I fine with that, but I want them to look back and see how cool their birthdays were and how much I wanted them to have an amazing party.

My great aunt said it best at Emily's party... She said it was a labor of love. I love that that she saw that and I love that answer. I am not in a competition with anyone to have the best party and I don't look down on people who don't go all out like I do. This is what I enjoy doing and it is so much fun to do it for my children.

So here is my labor of love for my sweet, precious baby girl! Hope you enjoy!



















1 comment:

  1. My taste for garden and open space parties compelled me to book one of the party venue located at the outskirts of our city. Gathered such lovely memories of my princess birthday. Arranged games for kids and dance competition for my friends. Icing on the cake was beautifully done and colorful lighting was appealing too.

    ReplyDelete